An announcement was made on 23 May 2023 regarding a revised timeline for Victoria’s native timber transition: Delivering Certainty For Timber Workers.
This website page is now being reviewed to update details and provide the best information. If you have a specific question, please view the contacts for the support.
The Forestry Business Transition Voucher Program aims to assist in retaining industry and community capability and jobs.
Applications for Round 2 are now closed.
The program aims to assist eligible businesses directly impacted by the transition with the help they need to plan for their future.
It offers access to tailored support through professional business services to help affected businesses to better understand their capabilities, options, and strategies for transition.
Under voucher-type programs, funding is paid to the Registered Service Provider once the Services have been provided to the satisfaction of the Participant and the Department.
The Forestry Business Transition Vouchers are capped at a maximum value of $25,000 (exclusive of GST).
Who can apply
Applications for a Forestry Business Transition Voucher are invited from businesses that:
- hold a current VicForests Timber Sale Agreement; or
- hold a Forest Produce Licence issued by VicForests; or
- are a timber harvest and/or haulage business with a current VicForests contract or agreement; or
- are a harvest and/or haulage sub-contractor to a business with a current VicForests harvest and/or haulage contract with at least 70% of its annual revenue derived from the business with the VicForests contract, based on the 2020–21 financial year
- a seed collector with a contract with VicForests with at least 70% of its annual revenue derived from the VicForests contract, based on the 2020–21 financial year
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- conduct business operations within Victoria
- meet all the industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) National Employment Standards.
Businesses participating in the Victorian Forestry Plan Opt-out Scheme are eligible to submit an application to the Forestry Business Transition Voucher Program.
- A Letter of Offer is sent to the eligible Participant requesting a signed Service Agreement between the Registered Service Provider and Participant (refer to Section 14b Service Agreement).
- Offer is accepted in writing. The Participant or Registered Service Provider can send the acceptance of the offer and a Service Agreement signed by both the Registered Service Provider and the Participant to the Department.
- The Department reviews the Service Agreement for compliance with the minimum requirements described in the Guidelines and the status of registration of the Service Provider and, if satisfied of all matters including those under Guidelines, issues the Voucher in the name of the Participant and Service Provider.
- Services must commence within three months of issuing the Voucher. Services must be completed within 9 months of Voucher issue.
Payment (up to the value of the voucher) is made to the Registered Service Provider on evidence of completion.