- Sawmill Voluntary Transition Package – sawmills can apply to have their Timber Sale Agreements or Forest Produce Licences paid out and for support the transition of their business and workers.
- Forestry Transition Fund – businesses and communities can access Round One of the $36 million Forestry Transition Fund to support their region’s transition and employ native timber workers - including a $20,000 wage subsidy for businesses to recruit native timber industry workers.
- Victorian Timber Innovation Fund Round 2 – grants to help impacted forestry businesses transition from native timber to alternative fibres and investigate manufacturing opportunities.
- The Timber Supply Chain Resilience Package – grants to support manufacturers of native timber products to make business decisions.
- Forest and Fire Management Services Agreements – 5-year contracts for harvest contractors with DEECA for the management of Victoria’s forests and bushfire preparedness.
- Harvest and Haulage Support Package – compensation to support harvest and haulage businesses to transfer to DEECA Forest and Fire Management Services Agreements or exit the industry.
- Community Forestry Support Package – community foresters can apply for payments for plant and equipment, compensation for undersupply since November 2022 and a payment to reimburse employee statutory redundancy payments. Workers can access payments and funded training.
Still to come
- Forestry Business Support Package – plant and equipment payment and statutory redundancy reimbursements for native timber dependant businesses not covered by the Sawmill Voluntary Transition Package, Harvest and Haulage Support Package or Community Forestry Support Package.
- Victorian Timber Innovation Fund Round 3 – grants to help impacted forestry businesses transition from native timber to alternative fibres and investigate manufacturing opportunities. Harvest and haulage sub-contractors, chip truck drivers and other forestry businesses impacted by the forestry transition will be able to apply for the first time in Round 3.
More detailed information is on the Business support page.