Step 1: Assess if a project is eligible
To make sure projects are suitable, all applicants will need to go through the following process:
- Read the Forestry Transition Fund application guidelines carefully to establish a proposed project’s eligibility.
- Read the grant agreement terms and conditions for the funding offered.
- Discuss the proposed project and its eligibility with a Forestry Transition Program Business Transition Coordinator.
Forestry Business Transition Coordinators
Step 2: Submit an Expression of Interest
The Expression of Interest form requires the applicant to provide the following information and commitments:
- An outline explaining the business opportunity
- An outline explaining what the requested funding will be used for
- For a business not located in one of the eligible towns, a description of how the business has or will be significantly affected by the implementation of the Forestry Transition Program
- The amount and type of employment that will be generated or retained
- Their business’s Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Confirmation that the funded business will operate in Victoria
- Declare that they meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)
- A declaration that the business:
- Consents to sharing information with Australian and State government departments and agencies and the Australian Business Register for the purpose of verifying the information provided in the Expression of Interest and Application
- Understands that if their application is successful, the delivery of funding is subject to the business entering into a grant agreement on conditions consistent with those consistent in the Standard Grant Agreement.