Support is available through the Victorian Timber Innovation Grants Program to assist affected forestry businesses to transition from native timber to plantation fibre and transformative industry investment.
Round 2 of the program is currently open.
Eligibility of Round 3 will be extended to harvest and haulage sub-contractors, chip truck drivers and other forestry businesses impacted by the Forestry Transition. Victorian Timber Innovation Fund Round 3 is planned to open in September.
Victorian Timber Innovation Fund Round 1 recipients
Australian Sustainable Hardwoods – Heyfield
- Engineered Flooring Manufacturing Line and Retail Supply Chain – $1,619,000
- MASSLAM Finishing and Storage and Reconditioner Project – $1,201,500
Radial Timber – Yarram
- Small Log Line – $325,000
- Hardwood Reconnaissance Project – $17,000
- Plantation Processing Trials – $50,000
- Recycled Timber Project – $202,142
Ryan & McNulty – Benalla
- Plantation-based manufacturing project - $100,000
Brunts Harvesting – Orbost
- Forestry Innovation Transition Feasibility Study – $40,000
- Plantation Timber research and Feasibility Study – $82,758
Eddy Enterprises – Mansfield
- Heavy Equipment Clean Up Feasibility Study Project – $89,875
- Excavation and Plantation Timber Processing Feasibility Study – $68,765
CDH Contracting – Alexandra
- Alternative Timbers Business Transition Project – $71,238
Clark Generation – Healesville
- Forestry Residue Utilisation Project Business Plan – $97,810